Traditional Tuscan farmhouse in the Garfagnana area, with stunning panoramic views of the Serchio Valley and the surrounding mountains.
This property has been renovated to a high standard, with attractive bathrooms and kitchen. There are traditional exposed chestnut beams on the first floor.
This property is on two floors:
- Living room with spacious kitchen area. Pellet burning stove for central heating and hot water in the living area. Kitchen has electric oven, gas hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher.
- Double bedroom, which is currently used as a study. With french door out onto patio with wonderful views.
- Bathroom with corner shower, basin, toilet and ladder radiator.
- Laundry/storage room with door out into garden
- Spacious master bedroom with double french doors out onto wonderful balcony with stunning views of the surrounding area.
- Ensuite bathroom with bath, seperate shower, twin basins, bidet, toilet and ladder radiator.
- Study, which currently is being used as a single bedroom
- Small double bedroom
- Bathroom with bath and shower above bath, basin, bidet, toilet and ladder radiator.
- Landing with french door out onto rear patio area and the garden.
Garden of approximately 1.5 hectares with fruit tress: fig, cherry, apricot, plum, walnut, as well as olive trees and vines.
Swimming pool 10.5, x 4.5m, with paved area for sunbathing and relaxing.
Hot tub for 4 people by the pool. Solar powered shower by the pool
Pergola on the front terrace, with space for large dining table and 10 chairs
Parking for about 2-3 cars
House all ready to move into - with pool and hot tub outside!
Some traffic noise from valley below
1.5 km - nearest small shop
8 kms - Castelnuovo di Garfagnana
12 kms Barga
25 kms - Careggine (local ski slope)
53 kms - Abetone (large ski resort)
50 kms - Lucca
50 kms - Viareggio (beach)
70 kms - Pisa airport
125 kms - Florence
Please note that any utility services, heating system or appliances have not been tested and no warranty can be given or implied as to their working order.
Energy classification and performance index: requested from vendor
1 Agency charges amount to a minimum of € 1,500, otherwise up to 3% of purchase price (see our SERVICES page for a full description of the assistance we provide)
2 Investigation of existing ownership and boundaries of a property, normally carried out by a geometra, generally costs from € 750 plus, as a rule, 1% of the purchase price
3 Notary fees are based on the declared value for tax purposes. There is no published tariff but experience points to about 3% on lower value properties, perhaps 2% on higher value
Please note that all professional fees are subject to IVA (Italian purchase tax) at 21%
4 Land registry + Government taxes:
a) 1st home, Italian resident: € 336 + 2% of declared value
b) 2nd home, or non-resident: 9% of declared value
c) agricultural land: 18% of declared value
Declared values are determined by the notary at the time of the rogito (final contract). Villatua recommends all prospective purchasers to seek advice on likely tax obligations, as individual circumstances may alter the amount significantly
Property for sale in Tuscany: Property for sale near Barga