Charming Tuscan village house near Bagni di Lucca, that has retained nearly all its original features and been decorated in a delightful manner. This property is a perfect pied a terre for a couple or as a rental property.
Located in a village near Bagni di Lucca with a 'Circolo', which has a regular programme of events, meals and social activities.
Property is easily accessible with a small car, with parking 50m away from house.
This property has so many Tuscan features: including some cotto floors, 'pietra serena' and fireplace, beams (all painted white), cotto vessel originally used for the laundry and chestnut wooden stairs.
Ready to move into - just bring your suitcase!
Main door leads into spacious landing area with original wooden stairs down to lower level.
- Landing area with dining area (8.48 sqm)
- Sitting room (10 sqm) with lovely views over the surrounding mountains. Original 'pietra serena' fireplace with wood burning stove. 'Pietra serena' stone sink under the window. Original cotto bowl, used in the old days to wash the clothes. Wooden flooring.
- Kitchen (8m) with original cotto floor
- Wooden stairs down to lower level
Lower ground floor:
- Spacious landing area (10.94 sqm) with french door leading out onto patio area
- Double bedroom (10.50 sqm) with window overlooking the valley and mountains
- Bathroom (7.2 sqm) with bath, bidet, washbasin, toilet and electric water heater.
There are two cellar rooms (17.81 sqm) which can be accessed from the garden.
Delightful patio (22.58 sqm), accessed from the lower floor area of the house, perfect for al fresco meals.
A further outside space (76.68 sqm): with a pergola area with climbing plants and a small formal lavender garden.
Easy to maintain and ready to move into
No central heating
Neighbours' patio is rather 'unsightly'
9km nearest shops
13 km Bagni di Lucca (thermal spa)
33 km Lucca
37 km Abetone (skiing)
55 km Viareggio (beach)
57 km Pisa airport
100 km Florence
Please note that any utility services, heating system or appliances have not been tested and no warranty can be given or implied as to their working order
1) Agency charges amount to a minimum of € 1,500, otherwise up to 3% of purchase price (see our SERVICES page for a full description of the assistance we provide)
2) Investigation of existing ownership and boundaries of a property, normally carried out by a geometra, generally costs from € 750 plus, as a rule, 1% of the purchase price
3) Notary fees are based on the declared value for tax purposes. There is no published tariff but experience points to about 3% on lower value properties, perhaps 2% on higher value
Please note that all professional fees are subject to IVA (Italian purchase tax) at 20%
4) Land registry + Government taxes:
a) 1st home, Italian resident: € 336 + 2% of declared value
b) 2nd home, or non-resident: 9% of declared value
c) agricultural land: 18% of declared value
Declared values are determined by the notary at the time of the ‘rogito’ (final contract). Villatua recommends all prospective purchasers to seek advice on likely tax obligations, as individual circumstances may alter the amount significantly
Buy property in Tuscany: Village house for sale near Bagni di Lucca